Saturday, June 20, 2009

It felt like a decade ago, strolling the malls and picking out the cheapest bargains with Mummy. It felt like I belonged to a family that would never separate. It felt like utter contentment bringing Mummy to new coffee haunts and Japanese restaurants. I imagined myself in the same scenario a decade from now, except that a husband and a kid would be sprawling around vying for my eye-watch, and it was a pleasant thought. I knew I'd miss these moments someday when I missed it as it happened today. I remember her standing in front of my father's raised palms, I remember her taking every toll upon herself when my father shirked his sensibilities, I remember her teaching me values, and I know she has brought me up unlike any other mother has brought up her daughter. Age is encircling the overall package of the dominant parent of my heriditary, but I'll forever be there to be her walking stick and to yellow (and gray) with her.

Among all the people in my horizon's spectrums, I know that this woman will be the only one I'll love all my life. My soul and my heart knows no boundaries to her. And this woman, is one who cradled me in her womb and shielded me unconditionally, and guided me towards God's righteousness, and nursed every fragment of my broken heart that all the foreign lovers have jabbed and caused to bleed. This saint of a woman, is my mother.

It's hard to tell her how much eternal love and gratitude I hold for her, but may actions do the louder talk. Sometimes, the love so often unspoken, shows multitudes more. So yes, may actions be my vows fulfilled and may God lead me hereupon.