Monday, June 29, 2009

What makes you happy?

Here's what makes me happy.

There's Jerome Mak. He plays L4D and CS with me and we laugh so hysterically and the world seems to revolve around us. He laughs like a girl and sings like an angel. He shrieks in my face in the wee hours of the morning to wake me up. He is born on the same day as me and he was my twin until he became my boyfriend. He's the man who's actually my best friend and my better half. He makes up for the flaws that I possess and that's good. He is everything I am and yet he's everything I'm not. He forces me to baby talk the way he does and it's cute. He plays the piano. He plays the guitar even better. He fixes the toothpaste on my toothbrush and realises it's the wrong toothbrush he fixed the toothpaste on, and that's sweet. He's so remarkably adorable that I find myself unknowingly gazing at him. He loves bubble tea without pearls so that just makes it tea. He grins with wry wrinkles and he looks so beautiful that way. He is my unintended love, and it's perfect that way.

There's Mummy and June. They get so corny, and it makes me happy. They shop like retards and it's endearing. They bitch at me and it's the way kinship is. They stand by me through lal the years of my life and I'm thankful. They debate on life and love and money with me and that's the way communication ought to be. For everything they are, it makes me happy and I thank God for all of that.

There's Daddy, the man who has loved me the most and at the same time hurt me the most (having the ability to). He has saved my sorry ass whenever I got into trouble. He has raised me silently and showed me a paternal instinct of a love so unconditional, it brings me shame to scorn him for the unruly things he do. He is the most filial son I have ever known, and with pride for him I am happy. He loves me and I am happy.

There are friends like Desmond, Dana, Alex and Andy. They stick around whenever they are needed the most and I'm happy. They are brutally honest. That makes them friends and for that I am happy. They may not always be around as much as close friends should be but they are always around when we need each other and for that I am happy too. They help alleviate my burdens and I am happy.

There are the little things in life like the daily dosage of coffee, the cocoa solace I seek, the little pooch loitering within the radius of three metres, the bills that get paid, the refuge of a bed I turn to rain or shine, the music that soothes my heavy heart, and that makes me happy.

I have no savoured happiness the way I should have for that I am wretched. But my eyes now see and my heart now feels, happiness within contentment and I hope it can be shared.

So what makes you happy? I'd like to know.