Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Bugis, Arab Street, Suntec City, Geylang Serai.

Singapore has numerous places for us to discover, which is why we local junkies should not complain about the lack of touring facilities in this nation unless we ourselves are lacking of heritage interests.

To begin, we lunched at Bugis' Macdonalds since my partner was craving for fast food, topping up with Chocolate Fondues for dessert. The oozing chocolate was near heavenly. The weather was pouring on our plans to head for the National Library, so we hitched a cab down to Arab Street. Why? Because my sister highly recommended that place for me to visit since I was such a shopperholic for earrings. The products there were considered costly (me being el cheapo) but exotic. There were desolated alleys in the area and it was an ideal spot for 'emo' photo-taking. Discovering nothing new there, we took a choice of riding down to Suntec to catch a movie.

After which, dusk already sought landing, and it was finally time for us to head for Geylang Serai. Fabulous shopping haven. I am referring to the pre-Hari-Raya-frenzy. A 3 bus-stop-long purchasing arena having earrings(hundreds of racks hanging vintage wears), necklaces (bohemian is everywhere!), food, fabrics, bags and purses (clutches, handbags, slingbags, 'mat'bags, etc) and other cool stuff. Can you imagine the ecstatic state I was in in visually absorbing all my favourite kinds of shopping goods (very cheap at that)?

I am definitely making another trip to Geylang Serai and buy as many dazzling earrings, shades and purses/bags as I can. This is what economical shopping is all about.

Home sweet home, we say at the end of every bustling day.