Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter to one and all, Christians and the non.

As a Catholic stepping foot into a Christian service, I must say, everything feels exactly the same, apart from the portion where services do not feel formal and as reverend as Catholic masses. Actually, we're all the same. We pray to the same Father, the same God, the same Christ, the same Jesus.

Today, a day beyond the vague horizons of many chocolate eggs, bunnies and tokens of commemoration. Today, a day to forever keep in remembrance, the biggest sacrifice Christ made, in messages and actions with flesh and blood. Today, a day to celebrate love, a love most unconditional. Today, a day we begin loving one another as He loves us. Today, a day to dispose of grudge and hatred and in perpetuum never let them return like a knife to a throat. Above all and most importantly, today, a day we learn forgiveness, from the greatest example of our Father, to forgive all those who have sinned against us. Religion doesn't separate mankind. We're all one.

I'll tell you more about my Jesus when you're here to let me. Then maybe someday you'd have the chance to sing "I remember the times you sat down and told me about your Jesus". It's our Jesus we daily pray to and seek help from. We're not that different afterall. So this day, I pray for those whom I love, those who love me, those I've despised, those whom I've trespassed against, those who scorn me, and all the less fortunate people of His world. I wish them love, happiness and all the faith in this life.





So have yourselves a blessed and joyous Easter Day.