Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Happy birthday, Mummy. You've turned 50 now and this year, I'm wishing you something different although it's the same thing that's being said every single year since I've been growing up.

This year, I'm wishing you happiness and the love you truly deserve, even if it's to the extent of separation with him. I wish you strength, to overcome all these hardships because they will never end, not for you and not for me. I'm wishing you something you deserve, not something I wished for all along. I'm wishing you God and His blessings, his guidance and his hands to hold you when life strikes you brutally. I wish you peace, when fragility and loneliness gets around too much to be bore. I wish you the best love from your daughters, inclusive of myself, that they never forsake you, especially during times when you need them the most. I wish you family love, from your brothers and sisters, from the ones God have sent to watch over and care for you as their own kin. I wish you love, from all those who already do, and from all those who promised you to, and from all those who claim to. I wish you forgiveness, that you may forgive those who have contributed to harming and hurting and eventually changing you, forcing you into a path you did not choose. I wish you all the best things in the world that material cannot afford.

Yes, happy birthday Mummy. These are all that I want for you this time round, this year. I want you to do what is right for yourself. I need you to be happy. May age never fray you, and may birthdays always remind you of joyous moments of loved ones. May this birthday give you some indescribable sense of peace and contentment. May God show you hope, because there is so much hope everywhere. May God show you the right time, people and places to find hope.

I love you Mummy. I've never said it out loud and often take you forgranted, but there is no doubt that you are the most important woman in my life for you firstly, have given me the life.