Thursday, August 19, 2010

Welcoming my first ever ukelele to my humble abode! I've been trying to master several chords for the past 3 hours already. My fingers are feeling a tad bit numb but it is not as nearly as painful as picking up playing the guitar. The psycho-motor issue that was faced initially (contrastly differentiating from finger positions when playing the piano) is surprisingly dissipating as the practices show results of improvement.

The music/sound from ukeleles becomes more tasteful as it acquired. Ukeleles will grow on you, as it did on me. Bonuses are that its freps are shorter (excellent for people with small hands like myself) and the strings are softer than those belonging to a guitar's.

My ukelele was bought at UkeleleMovement, located at Dunlop Street. UkeleleMovement is the only company/organization that focuses on everything ukelele, from products to accessories to books, and even to lessons and workshops! The staff there are really helpful in offering their extended services, to guide you through every step of your doubts and inhibitions about ukeleles.

You will never know how much fun a ukelele is until you've tried it hands-on!

This is what my my new baby looks like (except that it has white strings instead)!