Sunday, October 03, 2010

Even the wealthiest and wisest of human beings, grow old and die like the rest of us. Death does not discriminate, and it will not make spare any of the humanly extraordinary. At the end of time as we know it, death catches up with us just the same as it will any other. Most of us get choked up with fear at the imagination of how we'd process death and dying. The older we age, the deeper the fear instinctively instills within.

Ever since a fateful happening many a years ago, I have not been able to bring myself to watch montages compiling death and nostalgia. Have been there, have done that, have had a part of myself killed every since, and I have not been willing to subject myself to any recollection of that major fragment of my past.

There is no bottomline to this post that speaks of death in the least fondly manner. The only summation that can be possibly inscripted, is that death is probably my biggest fear. Not the implemention of my passing or the process of it, but rather the anticipation or loss of someone dear.

Have you ever lost someone beloved and had that loss weigh you down like a buried underlying scar for the rest of your life, like a turning point? Mine was never over the loss of a romantic partner, mine will always be over the physical and spiritual going of a best friend. The truth of her last breath and the way it came about, will always remain my turning point. There is nothing I can do to turn that around.