Monday, December 20, 2010

Father Goh told us that we have given Jesus the best birthday present, by being convinced of love, but on the other hand, Jesus has given me the greatest Christmas present I could have ever received - His love and his forgiveness.

This Christmas, my intentions of rave parties and feasts have simmered to a simple desire, to celebrate the birth of Christ and to be brimmed with contentment with loved ones around me.

I want to write. I want so much to literate and have these memories of my experience with God inscripted onto a tangible vice, so that I would never forget what it felt and feels like being completely protected by Him. I want to be able to read back what amazing feels like in this breathing spirit of mine during doubtingly trying days. I want to forevermore be in this state of body mind soul and spirit. I want to remain this free. I want to be this child of God, vulerable yet unafraid. I want to always feel this love that I know would never be taken away from me, regardless of trials and tribulations my journeys may bring.

Forgiveness from the heart, is breathtakingly beautiful. The act, the notion, the genuity and the truth of forgiveness, has liberated every aspect of me - my body, my mind, my soul, my spirit. I am freed of grudges long borne toward people who caused me harm or hurt. As much as my conscious lip had me fooled into believing that I was nobody in position to grant forgiveness, I was weighed with tremendous unforgiveness towards certain people in my life. For the first time in my life, I fully comprehended and understood the meticulous sacrifice made by my Lord Jesus. A Father's love, is great and immeasurable. My Father's love, is that love. I could never view love the way I grew up generalising it as. I could never put myself through believing that love is weak. I could never tell myself, that love would depart.

Dear Jesus, thank you, for freeing me, for holding me in your warm embrace when all I reeked of were inhibitions, for touching my heart and spirit, for showing me what love is all about. My faith has been renewed, my hopes have been lifted up high, and love will carry me through this life. Teach me and guide me, to pray true and deep. I never want to lose the feeling of being close to You as I did the past 4 days. I want to relive it every day for the rest of my life. I believe I have never ever said this to You, Father, so I will start right now. I love you Jesus. I love you, like a child loves her Father and like a soul loves its Saviour.

Faith, hope, love - God, I am here believing, because I've got You.