Friday, September 01, 2006

Her eyes fixed themselves
Into a gaze that robed away defences
"Let's work things out this time"
"Our hearts will sing and frolick to saccharine rhymes"

The casting skies blued
Fragrant greenery danced their sways
Sceneric landscapes charmed with greater hues
Brightest were those days

In the pitch of nightfall came lady fate
Like a needle in the haystack, she discovered favour in Our date
Two stories in one clash
A thin thread of survival ebbed away into nothingness
Staining lovers; love and commitment in gashes

Twenty and one
Twenty or one
One and twenty
One or twenty
What difference would it make
When amendments may have came too late

Realisation hits the spot
Truth stabs the heart
Last shot, we promised, last shot
Still, you forgot to remember that I've loved you right from the start

So happy first, darling, happy first
I vow to change my ways
Away from that monster I was, at my worst
So happy first, darling, happy first