Sunday, December 31, 2006

Tributes for 2006


Xue, the best there is, the paranoid best friend, the ever-there, the crybaby, the person who shares exact sentiments as me, stood up for me, braved through nonsense because of me, seen me rise and fall. I love you, Xue.

Phoebe, the little evil girl who wishes to be king, the I-thought-was-seldom-there-but-always-there friend, the one in the clique who took up the strangest jobs and one of my favourite people in my world.


Priscelia, the wise cracker, one who lights up any circumstance with her unfunny-yet-funny jokes, the slowest eater of the group who has momentary fires of aura (Pastamania?) surrounding her. For all the love and laughter, thank you.

Ingrid, the one who has not been sticky to us since the stickiness has been diverted elsewhere, the good daddy's girl, the one always missing in action of late, the one who loves Priscelia the most. All the advice and concern did me much cure. Thank you.
Dana, the sluttiest and bitchiest and craziest friend, the one who stood up for me, the camwhoress, the one I have yet to club with (I only get to bump into her at clubs), the light of the group, one who's always late, one who's always been here, one I'm always going to love.
June, my baby sister (if you haven't already known), the most self-achieved person I've known so far, gets irritating with her Zaki-daki ringtone, stash stealer, my occasional confidante, the closest kin I have, the brightest star in the sky. I love you, little one!

Cheryl Chong, someone I met and got to know better this year during the confrontation at the memorial landmark, bambi and skunk, a failed dating tryout, better friends now than ever, teaches me about scandals and affairs, writes darn well, taught me so much about strength because I saw so much of that in her, learnt so much from her about control and independence.

Julian, bad acquaintances to good friends, blog destruction and dissing to a lot of hanging out, the person with the loudest shrieks of "hehehehe", my best confidante, one that saw me through so much this year, advices and chides me if need be, always been there for me since a very long time. I've so much to be thankful and grateful toward you about, but I'm sure you already know that.

Melissa, mambo-ed my first mambo session with her (no, you don't have an ugly mouth), known her for a short while but she has given me advice and words of wisdom aplenty, crazy and wild, someone who's been through a lot, someone who's also taught me about strength.

And to all others I haven't specifically pointed out to thank or am unable to name out, thank you for all the strength you have been to me. You aren't forgotten. Gratitude should be showed and told but showing's always the better option.

2006 has been so hard and insufferable, the most difficult to tide through in fact. But love and friendship has kept me company throughout and I have overcome these ordeals. I'm proud of myself and my loved ones are proud of me too. So with this, I'm bidding farewell to this year, the no-regret 2006.