Monday, July 14, 2008

"What is it Cady? What is it that you see?'

At first she didn't move and at moment I feared that I had lost her forever. She blinked and turned her head toward me and gave me that last look which I will never forget. At last, with a hopelessness in her voice, she spoke.

'I see a lifetime stretching out before me. Just right there it flows...bursting out unending forever. It leaves me in waves and I see it everywhere, just flowing around. There's a lifetime in that sunset, a key to a far off place. And I try to reach out to it, I try to grasp it with my finger tips. But I can't reach out far enough. I want to be mad at it, to move and force it to me, but I can't. How could I ever be mad at something so beautiful?'

'But Cady you can't touch the sun, it's not possible for it to be yours.'

But at that she wiped her tears from her eyes and was gone. She was lost to me forever."



Rest happy and in the arms of peace, Marion.

Yours, best friends now till forevermore,
Cheryl