Thursday, August 05, 2004


God,

Thank you for teaching me to understand and withstand pain, love, friendship, grief, happiness, and whatever emotions I've ever gone through. Thank you for making me the person I am, for giving me chance after chance to change myself, for better or worse. Thank you for being the friend who's always beside me with no questions asked and for blessing me with the most wonderful family anyone could ever have. If there are times I seemed to have turned my back on you, I'm sorry. There were times when I couldn't help scorn you and wish to swear profanities at you ungratefully, and as I'm looking at those moments of fury, I regret deeply. You've been endlessly pouring overwhelming love unto me, and yet I behaved like an ingrate. Thank you for taking away my best friend, just 2 years ago, and to have let me acquire the gift of spiritual strength. I hate to admit, but everything you've done for me has caused me to result emotionally drained. I hate to admit that you're the only one there for me through times of ups and downs, ins and outs, and I'm thankful you're forever here. Thank you for moulding me into someone shielded from overbearing emotional pain, thank you for saving my life when I foolishly attempted time and time again to end it. Thank you for being the most wonderful teacher ever in the human and spiritual race, you've taught me genuine love. But God, I won't retreat the words I uttered that time, yes, that time in silence prayer to you - don't take away anyone else from me, let me be the one taken away instead. I'd never even want to harbour the thought of anyone else being cruelly taken away from me.

Nevertheless, thank you God, for creating me to be the person I am now.