Thursday, April 28, 2005

The throbbing ache at the back of my lower jaw reminds me of days when I needed to counsel the dentist every six months regarding the health of my teeth and gums. A toothache has been bothering the flexibility of my gums. There is an obvious bulge at the bottom back of my lower jaw's gums which is causing my appetite to turn poor.

I miss days when the class would jeer at the person who was summoned to the dentist in the midst of lessons and preachings. I remember delaying strolls to the dentist just to kill time from lessons, I remember murmuring and reciting in my head what the dentist would kindly tell me and instruct me to do. And once I reached, I was only ordered to occasionally spit water while she gouges my mouth's interior till it bled. She would then comment on how beautiful my set of teeth were, followed up by step-by-step instructions, with a teeth-set dummy and a spare brush, demonstrating the precise technique I should be applying onto my teeth and gums daily. I tried the methods she introduced to my morning and before-bed system, but I got tired of my gums bleeding every morning to my attempts. So I brushed her instructions away. And now, almost 18, and I am lacking the braveness to step into another dental clinic.

Ah, the wonders of reminisce (and the timidness of adulthood).