Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dear You,

Life was never made special and extraordinary before you abruptly stepped into my 18th year of living. Dull and dreary, like any other day, splurging hours in the studio, squandering time away doing senseless things and waiting for time to reach the curfew before I'm home, panicking frivously for an assignment due the next day. Without you, I'd have never learnt how to be a thrift-hag, scrimping like a pauper to plot bigger expenditure ambitions just to make you happy. I would never appreciate rappers like Eminem and Butch Walker, and you would probably still be clueless to tunes by Coldplay and Pussycat Dolls because they are whiny and draggy. Who else but you can conjure the silliest courting names like 'ahemahem', which evolved into 'nut' after we got together, and the name-calling just went haywire after that. Often, you dare me to challenge you, to make attempts irritating you not being aware that I know better how I should rest on your nerves. Weird things always befall us, like how we had our first stayover together at the airport, and mutually felt the urge but had no idea how it reciprocated. You knelt down at Beach Road with a stalk of plastic rose, acting a play to me and secretly, my heart giggled envisaging a lifestage play from you to me. I named you a historic just because you scored well at history. The little things we derived from our little shits everyday makes the chemistry we share so exquisite.

So you see, you make me such a happy doll, but you fail to realise the degree of joy you bring into my life.

Yet today, this person who makes me the happy person I am, is dejected and down. She refuses me the reason and cause of her blues, but paints a pretty picture of a happier her. I want this entry, to draw a smile onto your face, no matter how stormy the night may seem. I love this person I'm dedicating this entry to, with every pump of my heart. What I love more, is to know that she is smiling right now, while reading this little message from me.

So please, smile for me?

XOXO,
Me