Sunday, January 01, 2006

No matter what we become, how we change, the love we share remains.


3 Christmas(es), 2 New year(s), 2 Chinese New Year(s), and 3 Valentine's Day(s). All gloriously shared with you in the span of going 3 years. We treaded rough grounds and survived the ordeals we were presented with - cheating, dishonesty, fickle-heartedness, cold treatment, studies crisis, academic pressure, peer stress, family politics, siblings' disputes, financial difficulties, suicide threats, physical frustration-venting, pre-menstrual syndromes, insecurities, our firsts together, scrimping (temporary poverty), splurging, making long-run plans for our future, giving each other same presents on Valentine's Day and many more that would be impossible to finish listing.

We did all that. And that's what makes me proud, because despite getting to know me inside out (my dirty habits, sleeping posture, pre-dozing-off syndromes, PMS signs, the way I like my hair done, what I hate eating, how I tune my voice whenever I talk to my dog, how I bitch when a putrid subject arises, etc). I notice keenly you quickly running your fingers to your ears whenever your touch gets in contact with something piping hot, how you like to irritate me with 'BOUNCE!' whenever I initiate the irritation saga, how you dislike the seaweed shake with your fries from Macdonalds, how you would pass by things you would like to buy for yourself but refused to even take a glance at it because your money was intended for buying something for me, how you gorge me with luxurious food, the way you yarp when I mess your neatly-waxed hair, you posing 'emo'ly for my camera, and uncountably more.

I watched you bloom from a know-nothing amateur juvenile with long draping wavy fringe tucked behind ears (who knows nothing about phsyical love-making and sending her girl home),into a fine dyke who's certain she needs to assure me safety, belonging, happiness and love. You've witnessed me grow from a bespectacled nerd who wears a centered-parting fringe (who purposely spun an excuse claiming injury on your part, to hold your hands in the skytrain back in 2003) to a blossoming woman reaching her twenties, certain of needing to love, cherish the one of her life.

We did all that. Now, nothing's going to tear us down and apart. Not ever again.

This ferriswheel rode me in circles and circles, just to awake to an energy-injected morning feeling squeaky new just feeling smitten by you. Each waking moment, I succumb to my growing appetite for everything about you. And my life is fully integrated, knowing that I'm your lady and you're mine mutually returned. This is what an ideal proposition of monogamy is all about, except that loving you this long was never planned because it trained in so naturally.

We kept pushing on and persisting, aware that fights would pose off as an elephante issue. We know that ours isn't breached superficially. On wings of words, I can provide you with ample promises, but I would still love to carry on this journey together with you. I don't harp on past events that made us blue and frayed, but all I'll ever wish for is for us to be in blissful joy till we turn wrinkly and grey. You're all that makes this carousel worthwhile a ride.

And now, we're finally here. This is our 12th - our premier anniversary. To you love, now and always.