Monday, January 09, 2006

My sister just broke the news to me, that Miss Devi (KC's outstanding English language and Literature teacher) had passed on. In an instant, my insides swirled and I felt a bitter sensation sink right through me. And very aptly, My Immortal by Evanescence is playing from the list. How delicate life is, to be sharing good moments and dancing merrily to bad uniform attire and bad canteen rules; a couple of years after graduation and news travelled to me that she died from an immediate heart halt.

It is radically true that to cherish love present at its moment is exceedingly more sensible than to thrive on regrets. Yet, sometimes it is difficult to portray the depth of appreciation towards treasured individuals due to many other affecting factors like pride and ego. True and sincere relationships don't arrive everyday, unlike the acquaintances that play a neverending masquerade of politics.

To a teacher I'll always remember, Miss Devi - in my prayers.