Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I miss lying on your strong sturdy shoulders, resting my day's toll upon them, with your hands caressing mine, keeping me positive that my choice of eternity wasn't made astray. I miss that confidante you used to be, who used to bawl along with me because you felt inflicted whenever I was. I miss chemistry and telepathy we used to beat against the pounding of our hearts. I miss you when you felt unbearable without me, texting me every minute you could, striving attempts just to take a hearing of my voice. I miss sitting at the void deck of the block opposite my house, reminiscing in the company of love and breeze. I miss you compelling yourself with alcohol, forcing yourself to a drunkard state so that I can experience witnessing you not being sober. I miss taking good care of you when you were knocked out from liquor. I miss being at the airport with you, snuggling in your arms, finding a secluded awkward spot to catch forty winks. I miss typing 'heh' whenever I text you. I miss struting you off to people whom I think would envy us and our love. I miss you, whose love was impossible to falter and unwavering, who provided ample possible promises and pledges we both would fulfill. I miss the silly blunder you made by keying in the wrong time to ask me to be yours, at the airport at 11. I miss the time when you drew an 'I Luv U' in the sand and fled like a child. I miss the songs we used to share along memory lane, the tracks we instill in the oceans of remembrance. Music never sensed so bitter, love never diffused so thin and icy, promises never broken and torn to this extent. This instant moment, I miss you the most.

Nique, how am I supposed to go on living without you? I know not how.

And I said
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing I tried to hold on to