Tuesday, November 30, 2004


The little girl accompanied her mother to the charismatic session today. My mum has told me several stories of the mother and child, and I've not witnessed such until today. The little girl was suffering from a severe case of Ezyma(a skin disease). I felt sympathetic towards the girl. I pitied her, which I felt I really shouldn't display. I underwent that torturing disease when I was a child, but it was just a fraction of what she was going through. The little girl had burn-like skin-peels all over her body and her face. Her mother looked weary; she was feeling the fatigue from the years of struggle bringing up her child whom she loved so dear. Her mother attended church activities and healing sessions, in hope of the Lord healing her daughter someday. The little girl sat in front of me, and she turned around several times to look at my sister and I. I was praying. Silence rose and occupied the chapel, when suddenly the little girl proclaimed the phrase thrice with her little voice,"we live in unity". She had chosen that phrase to ponder on for the prayer period. At that point, I admired her for being able to have done things I found embarrassing to do. I felt ashamed of myself, for living 17 years of my life being afraid of so many things, when an 11-year old child like herself was bold enough to speak out to the world.

This girl has left such a remarkable impression and impact on me. She'll never be excluded from my prayers from today on (: