Monday, December 27, 2004


I'm sorry to say, but God isn't being really fair to those people on the other side from where I am. Here I am in the luxurious comfort of my study room plus airconditioning in safety, and there the people are suffering from all sorts of natural disasters. Mother nature's a jinx, and I'm sorry to say. Here I am, typing this entry like I always blog after returning from something, and there they are, fleeing away from something they can't for their lives. I feel so helpless when such things arise from nothing, and I can do nothing but to keep them in my fervent prayers. In times like this, everyone needs God, even I. I need God to constantly remind me of how fortunate I am, and I need God to constantly step on my conscience, reminding me to pray for others who aren't as fortunate as I am. This new year comes along with new ambitions, new goals and targets, new people in my prayers, and many new resolutions. God has made more-than-obvious signs to me more than often to tell me that I've been too conceited, but I was too blind to burn away that reality-cataract. This year has been a very self-centred year, a year where I've been so blinded by success and ambitions and luxury. I've not been sacrificing much to receive anything. I've not been cherishing people around me when I've already lost people so dear to me. Once bitten not twice shy, yet. I haven't got myself burnt enough from the things I've experienced. I'm afraid of dying, even though I've tried to end life with a thought of a second. Life is silly, human nature is eccentric. Noone's really sure of what they really want until they witness it being taken away from them before their very eyes. And I'm not going to be one of those. I'm going to love until it hurts; I'm going to give until there's absolutely nothing left to give; I'm going to change for the best. Some things in me are just afraid to lose what I cannot afford to ever lose although I'm aware that they will eventually be lost. But heck, I'm going to try. For everyone's sake. For her sake.

So Lord, this year, bless those more unfortunate than I am.